Thursday, August 28, 2008

Thank God it’s Thursday’s song of the day

I’ve got tomorrow off from work, which makes today my Friday. Hopefully it’s the same for you. With that in mind, I’m bringing this week’s song of the day 24 hours early. You know, to celebrate.

A lot of people were drawn to the Walkmen courtesy of their song “We’ve Been Had” (and its use in a Saturn car commercial). “The Rat,” from 2004’s Bows + Arrows received quite a bit of airplay as well.

Although I never really warmed to them (perhaps because they sound similar to the French Kicks, with whom they share a rehearsal space), maybe you’re a fan. If so, today is your day.

The Walkmen’s new album You & Me has been getting good reviews. For a time they made it available online for just $5, with proceeds going to the Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center. These are good things. I got a copy and have given it a few listens. My immediate favorite is “Canadian Girl.”

Check it out below.

And happy Friday (on Thursday).

No comments: