Friday, August 1, 2008

Thank God it’s Friday’s song of the day

I don’t recall the first time I heard Grizzly Bear, but they absolutely blew me away when I saw them open for Feist last year. They were unlike any band I’d ever seen and sounded awesome.

Maybe they’re not for everyone, but I think they’re great.

While snooping around yesterday I happened to find a new Grizzly Bear song, “Two Weeks,” that the band performed on Letterman last week. The band has been kind enough to post both the video of the performance as well as the mp3 on their site.

I’m only too happy to further the giving.



Also discovered* yesterday was “While You Wait For The Others,” which, in typical Super Floss fashion (please don’t tell me you’re here to get turned on to new music; I’m doing a shit job of it), was recorded at a KCRW Morning Becomes Eclectic session all the way back in April.



Hopefully it’s new to you. Both of these songs have me excited for the upcoming record and the All Points West festival next Friday.


* In sort of a Christopher Columbus sense.

No comments: