Friday, November 7, 2008

Thank God it’s Friday’s song of the day

Today’s song of the day comes from New York’s The Pains of Being Pure at Heart (a.k.a. TPOBPAH). I just recently stumbled onto these guys and really like their sound. It owes a lot to the distortion-dream quality of My Bloody Valentine and other shoegaze acts, but has a catchy pop sensibility those bands tended to lack. I also get hints of late ‘80s Jesus and Mary Chain in their song structures.

Their song “Everything With You” is certainly in the camp of Cut Copy’s “Unforgettable Season” and The Radio Dept.’s “ I Don’t Need Love I’ve Got My Band.”

TPOBPAH are touring in the U.K. in December. Here’s hoping they’ll have some U.S. dates when they get back.

Check out the Pains of Being Pure at Heart’s “Everything With You” right here:

No comments: